Destination Ontario has developed a Content Toolkit for tourism stakeholders to leverage the ‘Where Am I?’ brand platform. The Content Toolkit is a guide for industry on how to align with the creative platform, provides campaign assets and shares details on how you can implement the brand into the promotion of your own Ontario destination, product or experience. Destination Ontario’s Content Toolkit includes guidance on writing calls to actions, the use of photography to create intrigue, appropriate print fonts and tips for social, digital and content marketing executions.
Destination Ontario is hosting webinars to take you through the Content Toolkit on March 28th and April 18th. Please note that webinar participation is limited to 100 per session and will be taken on a first come basis per session.
The registration details for the webinar sessions are as follows:
Content Toolkit - March 28, to register Click here
Content Toolkit - April 18, to register Click here
Over the past two years, Destination Ontario’s ‘Where Am I?’ campaign platform has been extremely successful. The campaign is emotionally engaging and delivers excitement for the range of diverse products and experiences across Ontario. It also reaffirms travellers’ affinity towards Ontario. In Ontario alone, the campaign has generated 855,000 trips and $115M in tourism expenditures (Source: 2016 Ispos, 2017 – KANTAR TNS). The campaign has also been instrumental in driving over four million visits to the ontariotravel.net website, 1.15 million leads to our Ontario partners and garnered numerous marketing awards.
We hope you can join us.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Narvin Singh, Director, Partnerships & Regional Relations at email@example.com or at (416) 325-2761.
The Ontario Trails of Distinction Program (OTD) showcases and celebrates the most distinctive trails in Ontario and is considered a legacy initiative of the 150th anniversary of Ontario.
The purpose of the program is to identify and promote trails of the highest degree of distinction that:
- Raise awareness of Ontario trails
- Encourage today’s generation and future generations to use trails
- Further the development of trails in Ontario
2018 Application Intake Now Open
The Ontario Trails of Distinction Program is accepting applications until March 7, 2018 at 5:00pm EST.
How to apply:
Step 1: Review the Ontario Trails of Distinction Program Overview (below).
Step 2: Complete the Self-Assessment (below) to determine if you should take the next steps to apply.
Step 3: If you have answered yes to all questions in the Self-Assessment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an application form.
CREATE YOUR OWN ONTARIOTRAVEL.NET LISTING AT A WORKSHOP ACROSS ONTARIO'S HIGHLANDS
In partnership with our regional Destination Marketing Organizations, Ontario’s Highlands Tourism Organization will be hosting five Destination Ontario workshops across Ontario’s Highlands to guide businesses through the set-up of Ontariotravel.net listings and how to leverage these.
Attending a session is a FREE opportunity for you to set up your very own listing on Ontariotravel.net to promote your business, festivals and events, and packages; discover tips for creating and managing this listing; and have in-person support to walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have. Listings feature a large image, description, Google mapping functionality, social media channels, a link to your website and more.
Why You Should Create a Listing
• Ontariotravel.net is the official tourism consumer website for travel in Ontario, and reaches millions of global consumers annually
• With the Ontario’s Highlands regional website, ComeWander.ca, embracing a full content marketing approach, we are linking consumers looking for a comprehensive directory of everything there is to see and do in Ontario’s Highlands, including event listings and packaging to our regional page on Ontariotravel.net
• Business listings are FREE to create at TourismPartners.com and you must have one to be included in this regional directory
• In order to be featured in digital editorial content and campaigns with Destination Ontario, you must have an Ontariotravel.net listing
• Destination Ontario uses only registered listings to develop and post suggested itineraries to the website that consumers can customize, save and share using our Trip Planner tool
• Listings flow into the Discover Ontario mobile app, and are presented via the website on the digital touch screen kiosks in the 20 ONroute Service Centres along the highway 400/401 corridor
Who Should Attend
• Any tourism stakeholder who does not already have an Ontariotravel.netbusiness listing
• Those looking to increase exposure and reach new audiences –at no cost!
• Anyone looking to be featured on the Ontario’s Highlands regional directory on Ontariotravel.net
• Those looking for added support to create Ontariotravel.net listings and tips for how to best leverage this free opportunity
What You Need to Know & Bring
• With limited capacity at each session, this is a first come-first served opportunity, so register ASAP to secure your seat!
• Attendees must bring their own laptop to the session (program does not work well on tablets)
• Don't forget to bring a digital image of your business to include in your listing. This image should be a clear, single image (minimum 1920x800 pixels, JPEG format, max 4MB, landscape orientation; with no collages, logos or text) that reflects the visitor experience and current season.
How to Register
• Visit our Ontariotravel.net Workshops Eventbrite page, here, and register for the workshop most convenient to you
Unable to make it to a session, but looking for information on how you can create your own Ontariotravel.net listing?
Destination Ontario has put together a one page guide on how to create a free Ontariotravel.net listing, which includes tips, a sample listing, and who to contact for additional support. Please click here to view this guide.
Workplace Safety North is hosting their "Lunch-N'-Learn" Series. Click the image below for more details and how to register!